Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Complete System
Click on above image to view full picture
Product #: 82797
DAV 6250 The new Davis Vantage Vue weather station combines Davis legendary accuracy and rugged durability into a compact station that s easy to set up and use. Vantage Vue includes a sleek but tough outdoor sensor array and a distinctive LCD console. Its unique Weather Center function provides additional information on each weather variable. In addition, Davis has made Vantage Vue radio-compatible with our flagship Vantage Pro2 stations so you can mix-and-match most components. Applications Home weather watching and gardening Schools and universities Marinas and vacation homes Fire fighting and emergency response Specifications Updates every 2.5 seconds up to 10x faster than the competition Wireless transmission up to 1000 ft. 300 m is 3x farther than the competition Records wind speed as low as 2 mph 3 km hr and as high as 150 mph 241 km hr Solar-powered with stored energy backup Easy-to-read, backlit LCD screen at 3 x 4-3 8 8 x 11 cm Survives cyclic corrosion tests
....rain or snow, while a moving ticker tape display gives more details, all on a large LCD backlit display for easy viewing
Reviews for: Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Complete System...
Review by Buchanan Dam, Texas
Product took a long time to receive, but it performs far better than the Oregon Scientific unit that I previously had. Simple to set up, the rainfall measurements actually agree with my glass tube recorder. Temps correlate to other thermometers, barometric pressures track other weather stations near me. The console is easy to set up and easy to read. A very good unit for the price.
Review by Boise, Idaho
We received the Davis 6250 Vantage Vue Complete System in a very timely manner and it has performed every bit as good as promised. We love it and it was a cinch to set up. Its as accurate as our local weather station . Thank you for the best price on the best product.
Questions about: Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Complete System...
From Sue Westbury at 7/20/13 5:02 PM
How about a picture and som specs on this product? I'm a first timer and I don't want to break the bank, but need to know what it does/measures
I have uploaded a picture for this item for you to view, as far as specs go, I have posted that info below:
Davis Instruments introduces the all new Vantage Vue™ weather station, combining Davis’ legendary reliability and toughness into a station that’s easy to install and use. Vantage Vue is fully featured, highly accurate and affordably priced. It has frequency-hopping spread spectrum radio technology, wireless transmission up to 1,000 feet (300 m), weather updates every 2 ½ seconds, a glow-in-the-dark user friendly keypad, on-screen data graphing and numerous other useful features.
Made in the USA, the Vantage Vue includes a sleek but tough outdoor sensor array and a distinctive LCD console. Its unique Weather Center function provides additional information on each weather variable. In addition, Davis has made the Vantage Vue radio-compatible with their flagship Vantage Pro2 weather stations so you can mix-and-match most components!
Vantage Vue gives you all the weather data you need. You'll see current weather conditions, including indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, dew point and rainfall. You'll also get weather forecast icons, moon phase, sunrise/sunset times, graphing of weather trends, alarms and more. Vantage Vue also boasts the innovative Weather Center button that displays additional data on weather variables for today and over the last 25 days.
- Displays indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity
- Displays wind speed, wind direction, highest wind gust and wind chill
- Displays heat index and dew point
- Displays rainfall and rain rate
- Displays time, sunrise and sunset and moon phase
- Updates every 2.5 seconds (up to 10x faster than the competition)
- Records wind speed as low as 2 mph (3 km/h) and as high as 150 mph (241 km/h)
- Records indoor temperature from 32 to 140 degrees F
- Solar-powered with stored energy backup
- Sealed electronics in the integrated sensor suite provide protection against the elements
- Glow-in-the-dark keypad for night viewing and domed buttons for better feel
- Easy-to-read and use, backlit LCD screen at 3 x 4.38”
- Frequency-hopping spread spectrum radio for reliable data transmission
- 50 on-screen graphs for comparing current and past weather
- 22 alarms to warn of dangers such as high winds, possible flooding and more
- Optional WeatherLink software for extensive weather analysis and data storage.
- US version.
- Proudly Made In The USA
- Updates every 2.5 seconds
- Wireless transmission up to 1,000 ft. (300 m)
- Frequency-hopping spread spectrum radio for continuous data transmission
- Shows wind speed as low as 2 mph (3 km/h) and as high as 150 mph (241 km/h)
- Glow-in-the-dark keypad
- Optional WeatherLink data logger and software offer additional analyses
- Console: 8" x 8" x 4"
- (203mm x 203mm x 101mm)
- LCD Display: 3" x 4 3/8"
- (80mm x 110mm)
- Integrated Sensor Suite:
- 18.25" x 7.25" x 15.25"
- (464mm x 184mm x 387mm)
Can the console be mounted on a wall. If so, is any hardware included for mounting.
The console has to be mounted outside, but the information provided explains the optimal places for installment. Recommended locations are on the roof or a pole outside. Mounting equipment is included.
Thank you for your question and for shopping 3tailer!